Thursday, August 11, 2011

Luke Bryan: "The Little Things"


Country singer Luke Bryan just released a new album and already has a song in the top ten on Billboard's country music chart. But the two-time ACM award winner says his favorite accomplishment of all is being dad to his two boys, three-year-old Thomas Boyer "Bo" and one-year-old Tatum Christopher.

"It's all the little things, like watching them sleep in your bed, when they crawl in the bed with you in the morning, and you're up and they're sleeping," Luke said in a recent interview. "Bo hugged my leg the other morning, and he hugged it, and I knew the way he hugged it, he was fixing to say, 'I love you Daddy.' The fact, when you start seeing that they understand love is pretty cool. Watching them evolve into people."

The 'Country Girl' singer is currently touring with Tim McGraw before he heads out on his own headlining tour this fall. But Luke says that while he's thrilled with his skyrocketing success, it definitely comes at a price.

"It's the big negative of this business, just being away from family," he admits. "I'll text [my wife] Caroline [and say that] gosh, I'm working harder and harder than ever, that we can just have our own bus and they can come out. [But] I don't want them following me around. I don't want their life to be following Daddy around. I want them to have their life, but I also want to do what I can to spend more time with them."

No comments:

Post a Comment